Walk around downtown West Palm and you’ll see empty storefronts here and there that seem to stay that way.
But that space is filling up, according to the Downtown Development Authority, which counts seven new venues opening soon:
- Butcher Shop, a restaurant, will open at 209 6th St.
- Winston’s, a nail salon, 333 Clematis St.
- Eat Scene, a local food an artisan retail shop, 501 Fern St.
- Lost Weekend, a pool hall, gameroom bar, is reopening on the second floor of 526 Clematis.
- The Lounge is opening on the first floor at 526 Clematis.
- The Station Theatre is set to reopen in 2017 at 522, Clematis.
- Christopher’s Kitchen, a vegan restaurant, 326 Fern St.
According to Raphael Clemente, 16 businesses closed from 2013 through 2015: (eight in 2013, four each in 2014 and 2015). But 16 more have reopened so far in the current fiscal year.
“A lot more have come in than we have lost each year,” he said. “It’s significant net growth.”