Mayor Jeri Muoio and City Commissioners are inviting the public to participate in a series of Community Budget Workshops, as they make decisions about which projects and programs get how much money.
The new budget year starts Oct. 1 and the planning process has begun. Time for the public to weigh in.
The workshops will be hosted by Mayor Muoio, Chief Financial Officer Mark Parks, and Budget Manager Linda McDermott. They will be held in each of the City’s five districts:
- July 24, 6 p.m.: Fire Station #3, 5050 Broadway (District 1).
- July 26, 6 p.m.: Fire Station #5, 500 N. Congress (District 2).
- July 27, 6 p.m.: Flagler Gallery at City Hall (District 3).
- Aug. 1, 6 p.m.: Fire Station #7, 8011 Okeechobee Blvd. (District 4).
- Aug. 2, 6 p.m.: Location to be announced, in the Northwest (District 3).
- Aug. 3, 6 p.m.: Fire Station #2, 4301 S. Dixie Highway (District 5).
For more information, contact Budget Manager Linda McDermott at 561-822-1342.