Wind speed forecast for West Palm Beach:
- Noon: sustained 29 mph, gusts to 40 mph
- 9 p.m.: sustained 52 mph, gusts to 72
- Midnight: sustained 78 mph, gusts to 97 mph
- 1 a.m. Friday: sustained 85 mph, gusts to 105 mph
- 6 a.m.: sustained 46 mph, gusts to 64 mph
- Noon: 29 mph, gusts to 40 mph
- 5 p.m.: 21 mph,, gusts to 29 mph
“Don’t take a chance,” Scott said. “A small movement can mean a lot. That’s why we have to prepare for a direct hit.”
Last minute items:
Clematis by Night is, of course, cancelled for this evening. See a full list of closures and cancellations.
If you’re heading to a shelter, you may want to bring some warm clothes, because they AC is working full blast at one West Palm refuge.